Orly Coastal Crush Collection - Swatches & Review

Sunday 23 April 2017


When I first say the promo pictures for Orly's Coastal Crush Collection I wasn't too excited by them at all.  In fact, I was actually going to skip over the collection.  Anyway, fast foward a few weeks and I saw that this collection was available at the same time I purchased the China Glaze Summer Reign Collection (you can find my swatches and review here if you are interested) so I thought why not not grab it.  Well I am so happy that I did.  The polishes are gorgeous and definitely make for a great Summer Collection.


For The First Time is a bright purple creme.  These is such a gorgeous colour and the formula is great.   My swatch shows two coats.


No Regrets is a fuchsia creme.  Another great colour with a good formula.  This one has a slight visible nail line on two coats so I used three coats for my swatch.


Sea You Soon is a bright blue shimmer.  I found this one to be quite slow drying, and a little on the sheer side.  I think next time I would use it over a base colour.  This one also applied unevenly on the first coat but evened out on the second.  My swatch shows three coats.


Summer Fling is a bright peach creme.  I could definitely have a summer fling with this polish.  Such a gorgeous colour with an easy to use formula.  I used three coats for my swatch.


Surfer Dude is a bright orange creme.  This one is quite bright but a little sheer.  I think it would look awesome over a white base.  My swatch shows three coats.


Under The Stars is a dark blue shimmer.  Now this one seems a little odd in this collection if you ask me.  The other polishes are all bright and scream summer to me.  This one just seems to dark, but that being said it's a gorgeous colour.  It seems to have a glow about it or something.  I can see myself wearing this in winter.  The formula is easy to use and you can get away with two coats, however it was a bit too see through at the tips for my liking.  I used three coats.


Overall I am a big fan of this collection and I am so glad that I ended up grabbing it.  The polishes are so bright and vibrant and the formulas are good across the collection.  My personal favourites (which are quite hard to pick) are For The First Time, No Regrets, Summer Fling and Under The Stars.

4 comments:

  1. I should try more Orly polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this collection is everything I love about summer colours - bold, bright and vibrant. These all pop and if Orly wasn't so pricy, I'd buy them all!
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely everything I look for in a summer collection. Orly is one of the brands that you can't really find here so I'm not sure how expensive they are/would be. I order mine from the US but yes they definitely is expensive. I saw somewhere that Australia is soon going to be charging import taxes or something which may mean that my shopping days will be coming to an end :(

      Delete