The Digit-al Dozen: Get To Know Me: Day Three

Wednesday 12 April 2017


There is something I have noticed over the years - a lot of nail people have cats.  I am definitely included in that.  I actually have two cats, a girl named Sampi and a boy named Max.  Sampi is a tortoiseshell who Colin and I adopted from an animal shelter in Melbourne back in 2007.  Max came to live with use in early 2008.  Colin found him at the pub wondering around.  The owners said that this kitten had been coming around for weeks and they don't think that he has an owner (a possible Christmas present that then got dumped).  So Colin left his number and we took the kitten to the vet to check for a microchip.  Nope.  No nothing and no one was looking for this poor little kitten so we adopted him too.  Max is a black and white cat.

I wasn't really sure how I was going to do this mani, however I remembered that I had Femme Fatale Cosmetics Caliby which just so happened to have the colourings of Sampi.  Sampi definitely isn't as light as this polish as she has lots of black, but if you were to combine the colourings of her and Max together then I'm guessing you would get something along these lines.  The stamping designs are from Uberchic Beauty Furry Best Friends.




Now of all the cat images that you could possibly use why the cat with glasses?  Well here is a bit of a bonus information for you - I wear glasses....well I am meant to wear glasses but I rarely do.  I am short sighted and am meant to wear them when concentrating on things (like sitting on the computer writing blog posts lol) or when I am required to see things in the distance.  As I said I don't tend to wear my glasses often, so do get people questioning me about "ignoring them" when out and about.  I'm not ignoring anyway, it's usually because I can't see you properly and you just look like a blur.





4 comments:

  1. I love cats and have 2 myself. They're both girls and one is called Coco and the other Flicker. I love them both so much. These nails are so cool and he glasses are adorable.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love your cats names! They are adorable (as I am sure they both are). I am a big cat lover. They are just so cute. I have a feeling that a lot of the nail community are cat lovers. I have seen quite a few over the years.

      Delete
  2. I love this - I showed it to my husband and he said "wow it looks like henry!" (our cat) I need that plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi. Wait does Henry have glasses too? lol. Super cute

      Delete