Uberchic Beauty Collection Seventeen Stamping Plates - Swatches & Review

Sunday 14 May 2017


Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope you're weekend is treating you well.  Today I have swatches and review of another new collection from Uberchic Beauty - Collection Seventeen.  It surprises me that Uberchic are now up to seventeen collections!  SEVENTEEN!  It's come around really quickly.  I remember dying over the first couple of collections and desperately wanting them but had to hold off months until I could get them as a birthday present.  But that was years ago!  Anyway, Collection Seventeen.....

Image from Uberchic Beauty
17-01
There's some great images on this plate.  I honestly thought I was going to use that huge buffet style image in the bottom left corner in some form of black and white combination (either as a full mani or an accent nail).  I probably still will at some point, but didn't for this review.

Image from Uberchic Beauty
The first mani I did using this plate is the mani I shared with you the other day.  I used Orly's Glowstick for my base and stamped using Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.


This mani was actually inspired by Dianna (@dsetterfield74 on Instagram).  If I could take her mani and stick it directly on my nails I would do that.  Sadly I can't, so I used it as my inspiration.  For my based I used Emily de Molly's Original Cindy, and stamped using Emily de Molly's Neon Green Stamping Polish and Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.


17-02
Just because I like to repeat myself (sorry) there are some great images on this plate too.  I'm not a huge fan of those flower-y images towards the bottom of the plate.  They just look a little messy to me.

Image from Uberchic Beauty
This mani I really had no clue what I was going to do.  I just grabbed out three polishes (piCture pOlish's Gelato, Candy and Mad Magenta) and then decided to sponge them on.  Stamping polish is Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.  I love how this mani turned out.


I really like the paisley image on this plate, and just wanted to keep it simple.  For my base I used China Glaze All Glammed Up and stamped using Powder Perfect's White Stamping Polish.


17-3
Fun fact: when I was swatching this collection this was the first plate that I actually used.  I have no clue why or even which of these two manis I did first (I blame being sick for me not remembering).

Image from Uberchic Beauty
I am slowly swatching my way through some Emily de Molly polishes that I purchased earlier this year and thought it would be cool to stamp over this polish.  I do love multichromes with stamping.  The base is called A Step To Climb and I stamped using Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.




I was experimenting with this last mani.  You may recognize the base as being a mani I did using Uberchic's Texture-licious 02 Mini Stamping Plate.  I thought it would be fun to use it as a base for a negative space image.  I love how it turned out.




Overall I like Collection Seventeen but I wouldn't call it a favourite of mine.  I think there are better Uberchic collections than this one.  That being said, there are some fantastic images on each plate and they stamp beautifully.

Collection Seventeen stamping plates are available now from Uberchic Beauty

4 comments:

  1. Can you believe they just came out with number 18?! LOL I love the layered image in the last one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so shocked when Brittany emailed me asking if I would like the new plates. I felt so bad because I hadn't quite finished doing the manis for this post.

      Delete
  2. Love the manis you've created and of course, the images you chose. I agree that these plates aren't the best that Uberchic have released but the florals on that last one are incredible.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. I am glad I am not the only one who thought that.

      Delete