The Digital Dozen Does 5 Days 5 Continents: Australia

Monday 10 July 2017


It's time for another week of The Digital Dozen.  This week we are doing 5 Days 5 Continents.  I'm sure as time goes on the Digital Dozen themes get harder and harder, but I guess they don't call it a challenge for nothing do they?  Anyway, before kicking off this week I am just going to apologize and say that I don't mean to offend anyone with how terrible my manis may be or if you don't think that they represent the continent at all. 

For Day One I thought I would do Australia.  It just made sense since that's where I am from.  Originally I was going to use a decal for the Union Jack, however I remembered that decals aren't meant to be used so I was forced to free hand it.  Eeek!  It has been forever since I did free hand (and there is good reason for that) but I think I did ok.  Polishes used are OPI Dating A Royal, Got The Mean Reds and stamped using Powder Perfect's White Stamping Polish.  Star images are from Pueen Cosmetics Double Fun Stamping Plate.




I'm excited to see how the other girls tackle this week's theme.



14 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job with the Union Jack! I haven't got the steadiest of hands so I'm not sure if I'd be able to re-create it all that well. If I tried, I'd have go VERY slowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely don't have the steadiest of hands either. I found that the further into the mani I got the shakier my hands got. Lol. I'm still happy with how it turned out especially seems I am completely out of practice with free hand

      Delete
  2. This looks great! Much better than I could have done, straight lines are my enemy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Australia first! You did a great job with a freehand union jack. I can't believe I posted my first DD mani (and first blog post) since meeting you and failed to mention it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I not do Australia first? It was so awesome meeting you. I still haven't been game enough to try watermarbling yet, but it is on my to do list :)

      Delete
  4. They look perfect! Also I'm just going to say sorry in advance for my Australia nails. I failed part of it pretty badly, but minus that one part I liked the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. No need to apologize. I'm sure your mani will be great. I can't wait to see it :)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous mani and the Union Jack is fab! I'm not sure my freehand would be much better, my hands are so shaky. Also why no decals? The isolating and prohibiting of one nail art medium is a little mean ;)
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. I'm really not sure why there is a no decal rule. It's just one of the rules in the group.

      Delete
  6. Representing like an Aussie boss! :) You did an amazing job free handing those lines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look awesome!! You did a fantastic job with freehanding the Union Jack!

    ReplyDelete