Dance Legend Lumos Blue - Swatches & Review

Friday 15 September 2017


Nail powders are all the rage at the moment and have been for quite some time now.  I personally have never actually tried any as I don't like gel polishes.  Well, I was offered to try out Dance Legend Lumos Blue which is made to go over gel and regular polish.  Naturally I was curious and had to try it.  I have zero clue if I have used this correctly or not as I couldn't find any information anywhere.


The Lumos Blue powder comes in a smaller screw top container that contains quite a bit of powder.  I am unsure exactly how many grams are in the pots.  The most exciting part about the Lumos Blue is that it glows in the dark, but not like a typical glow in the dark product, Lumos Blue glows blue!  How cool is that?


The powder doesn't really require too much charging, but obviously the more you charge it the more it glows. 

As I mentioned earlier I have no clue if I have used this powder correctly or not but I did try a couple of things.  Firstly, I applied my base colour (I used Color Club's French Tip) and allowed to dry.  I then applied one coat of Hit The Bottle's "Bottoms Up" Top And Base Coat.  I allowed it to dry slightly and then dabbed on some of the powder with a cosmetic sponge.  Unfortunately, the powder pretty much came straight off the nail.  On my second attempt, I applied the powder with the sponge directly after applying Bottoms Up.  This definitely worked better.  On my ring nail, I attempted dipping my wet nail directly into the pot, however as the polish was wet it caused some damage (as you can probably see in my picture).  For the remainder of the mani I just applied the powder using the cosmetic sponge.  I used "two coats" of powder and sealed with Seche Vite.




Just because I absolutely love this nail art I thought I would also include it in this post for those of you who may have missed it.



Overall, I think this powder looks really cool.  It is a little patchy but that could be my application - maybe it works better over a gel than a regular polish, and it does make quite a mess.  But again, that could have just been because of my application.  Have you tried this product before?  If so, any pointers or tips you can share will be greatly appreciated.

The Lumos Blue powder is available now from Dance Legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment