Emily de Molly Pixie Garden Collection - Swatches & Review

Thursday 2 November 2017


Today I have some new (well new-ish) Emily de Molly polishes.  The Pixie Garden Collection is an exclusive collection sold by Live Love Polish and contains six gorgeous shades.  They are quite a soft collection and I am a fan.  They are such pretty colours.  Now before going into the collection I need to point out that this collection is limited edition and has sold out previously.  Luckily, they have been restocked but I'm not 100% sure if this will be the last restock or not.  My advice: if you want them, grab them before they are gone!  Right, now onto the swatches!


Enchanted Forest is a light seafoam green jelly polish with iridescent flakes and scattered holographic shimmer.  Such a gorgeous colour.  I love the flakies and the shimmer.  The formula is easy to use but it is a little on the sheer side.  My swatch shows three coats, and their is still a very slight visible nail line in certain lights.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Picture taken in direct sunlight
Fairy Wings is a lavender polish with a green flash and subtle red shimmer.  This is definitely one of my favourites from this collection.  It's stunning and the formula is great.  There is an extra colour shift that you can see in person but I couldn't capture it in my pictures.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Flight Of Fancy is a light pink jelly polish with iridescent flakes and scattered holographic shimmer.  Another really pretty shade.  The formula of this one is good, however it does apply unevenly and is quite sheer on the first coat.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Peritwinkle is is periwinkle polish with a green flash and subtle red shimmer.  Just because I like to sound like a broken record- this is another pretty shade.  Like with the others this one is a little on the sheer side but it is easy to use.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Satin Slippers is a pink-toned nude polish with a strong teal shimmer.  This polish was one that I didn't think I would like so much, but much to my surprise I am a really big fan.  There is something so beautiful about it.  The formula is great and easy to use.  My swatch shows three coats.





Stardust is a sheer white jelly polish with iridescent flakes and scattered holographic shimmer.  This one is really stunning and I wished that I had sunshine when I wore it so you could see the holo.  I do think that this one is a little too sheer for my personal taste.  Next time I would definitely wear it over a base colour.  I used four coats for my swatch.




I really like each of the polishes in this collection.  They are all so pretty and are all easy to work with.  If I had to pick my favourite out of all of these polishes I would have to say Fairy Wings, closely followed by Flight Of Fancy, Satin Slippers and Stardust.

The Pixie Garden Collection is limited edition and is available now from Live Love Polish.

2 comments: