Hit The Bottle Peel Off Base Coat - Review

Saturday 10 March 2018




If you are like me then you probably love glitter polishes but hate removing them.  For the most part, I avoid wearing glitter polishes as a full mani (unless it is going to be on for a couple of days) because it takes to long to remove.  Yes I am aware that there are peel of base coats on the market, and I have tried a few in the past but a lot of the time the polish just flicks off the nail randomly.  Definitely not a good look when you are out and about and can't actually pop more polish on.  Well, Hit The Bottle are releasing their own Peel Off Base Coat and I was able to review it for you.


The formula of this base is really easy to work with.  It's not thick, and it's definitely not watery.  It does apply clear on the nail so it does make it a little tricky to tell when it has fully dried.  The only way I could test if was dry or not was to lightly touch the nails.  This base coat was definitely very slow drying on me - it took about 13 minutes in total to dry.  I have spoken with Michelle (owner of Hit The Bottle) and she said that it usually takes 5-8 minutes to dry because it is water based.  I have no clue why it took so long to dry on me (I have tested it a couple of times and each time it is still taking around 13 minutes to dry).  

For my test I wore Dance Legend's 05 polish from their Fizz Collection.  As you can see, this isn't a chunky type of glitter polish, but it definitely has enough holo glitter in it to make it painful to remove.


I wore this polish for 24 hours before taking it off.   Throughout the day, I didn't particularly do much but I also didn't do nothing.  I did our grocery shopping, cleaned the kitchen (no extensive cleaning - just wiping down benches and loading/unpacking the dishwasher), cleaned our bathroom and did some blogging/photo editing.  I also had to help my daughter showering after her swimming lesson.  I am happy to report that I didn't have any nails completely flick off, however I did have some tip wear on my nails at the end of the day. 

I did notice that I was beginning to have some slight lifting at the base of my nails.  I have a bit of a habit of picking at things, so I was curious to see if the polish would life.  Yep.  The whole polish come off in one go.  Naturally I then had to pull to other nails off.  As you can see in the picture below most of the nails came off completely in on go.  There was a couple of nails that didn't come off whole and left little bits behind.


Overall, I'm not completely sold on this.  I don't hate it, but I  don't love it either.  Yes it did make removing the polish easier so it was a win there, but I didn't like that it had started lifting by the end of the day.  You definitely wouldn't be able to wear a glitter polish for a couple of days and you may be limited with what you while wearing it.  I think there is potential for it to flick off.  Maybe it's my body chemistry that doesn't agree with the peel off base coat?  Let me know if you have tried this and what your experience is.

The Peel Off Base Coat wasn't listed at the time of writing this post, however it is my understanding that it will be available soon on Hit The Bottle's website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment